Monday, February 2, 2009

I am still around, just not blogging much.....








This week has been a long one. I am working 12 days in a row. Today is half way through. I am looking forward to next weekend already. But, trying to live in the moment and enjoy something each day. I am posting a lot of photos today because I have been eating a lot of good food this week. The first is the V8 Roasted Red Pepper soup. I loved this soup! It tasted like something that I would make myself. It wasn't thin like I had expected, but I really loved it. Why make it yourself when you can just open the carton and enjoy the home made taste immediately?

Ah, Lean Cuisine...how I love thee. I saw through Hungrygirl that LC was coming out with some new recipes. I was on the lookout for these and this is the first one that I found. It is the pest chicken with bow tie pasta. I had this the other night at work and it was almost like an escape to an Italian restaurant. The only thing that was a little bit off was that the chicken was a little tough. I don't think that it was due the meal, rather I think that it is the microwave at work. I think that LC has to be my favorite frozen meal company. My favorite meal ever is the butternut squash with vegetables. That is hands down a "bistro like" meal. I love frozen meals that fool me into thinking it is something that I could/would have made and that I didn't just nuke it.

I made steak fajitas on Thursday with some of the sweet peppers that we bought at Costco. Instead of using fajita seasoning I used some Chicago steak and Bar B Q 3000 (both from Penzy's spices). The sweet peppers gave it a whole new flavor instead of using green peppers. I turned this pan full of steak and veggies into several meals. I wrapped a few up in roll out flat breads and then today I made a salad from the greens I got at Whole Foods. I loved this salad and wish that I could have it again tomorrow. Too bad I am out of the fajita topping.

Like I said we went to Whole Foods today. Can you tell that the energy bars were on sale? Whole Foods is like my playground. I love to just look at everything, try their samples, and go home with something new each time. This will be about a month's worth of snacks.

That is the week in a nutshell. Not too much is going on besides work and making sure I fit in some type of work out each day. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am hoping for a little bit more than last week. But, in all honestly I would take last weeks loss over a gain.

1 comment:

Ghaknar said...

I really need to go to Whole Foods, I don't think I've ever been there!