Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bump on a log


Today I was really not feeling well so I laid on the couch and watched some built up DVR shows that had been calling my name. Kevin went down to Lincoln for his last birthday celebration with his mom among others. I felt bad for not going, but I feel like I got caught up on some much needed relaxation. Because I did not have to leave early I was able to enjoy a nice oatmeal breakfast. It is nice when I can enjoy the oats with a cup of hot tea. This morning I think it was orange spice. I have been drinking a lot of hot tea lately trying to flush out the system due to this cold. I also had some coconut chai and some sweet pomegranate. I have been keeping the tea kettle busy that is for sure.

For lunch I had some vegetable soup with some added veggies, an English muffin with peanut butter and jam, and finally a yogurt. I wasn't able to finish it all. I think that the cold has all of my systems off. Either way it was a good lunch. Not pizza at Old Chicago that Kevin had, but it was good enough.

We went grocery shopping when Kevin got back from Lincoln and I was able to get a lot of great items. On our way home I had a blueberry tangerine water which I have to say was the best thing that I have had in a long time. I also had the Odwalla bar pictured above. This bar far exceeds the super protein bar of the other day. The bar has a point value of 4, but I enjoyed each and every one of those. We talked that it was like a fruity oatmeal cookie. The berries were bursting with flavor. This is a bar that I would eat again for sure.

We made dinner tonight. It was good to get back on the cooking routine. I love when we are home together to make dinner. We had some cranberries in the fridge and I just so happened to find the perfect recipe. This one was from Good Housekeeping. We made cranberry balsamic pork chops with bulgar wheat. It was so easy to make this recipe, from pantry to table in less than 30 minutes. You just cook the bulgar wheat while you are browning the pork chops. Then when the chops are done you take them out of the pan and make the sauce. After dinner we finished the rest of Kevin's birthday cake.

All in all it was a great day! It was too bad that I was sick and could not enjoy the last of the birthday festivities. Tomorrow is WW weigh in. We shall see what the past week was like. I think that it has pretty much stayed the same, but their scale is the end all be all.

No comments: