Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'll give you a resolution!


I keep joking with my husband that since it is a new year we can finally begin the fine in 09' program. We get a good laugh out of it. So, did I make a resolution like my other fellow Americans? Yes, I did. My husband and I make a list of goals that we have for the year and then review them throughout the year and then again at year end. We achieved quite a few for 2008 including me finding a new job and booking our next international vacation. The goals for this new year are very much of the same type. A very personal goal is to get down to the weight that my doctor has set as an acceptable number for me. I am 29 pounds away from that number. While that seems like a lot, because of course it is, I am very happy with the results that I have had lately. I am 1 pound away from a very important milestone for myself. In one pound I will have lost a total of 100 pounds. Kevin and I were talking yesterday about weight loss, about how far I have come, and how far I have yet to go. But, the one thing that really stood out for me is the distance that I have come in this journey. I would have never thought that I was a person who could come this far. The only thing I can think about is just putting one foot in front of the other. There is no magic pill that will cure obesity, overeating, or lack of motivation. If there was I would have signed up long ago. The truth is that if I would have been able to fix this problem in one pill I would not have the same respect for myself that I do now.

As far as the weigh in goes (cause I have not updated that in a long time) I am down 16lb from going back to WW in November. Yeah!

The other thing that I wanted to write about is the idea of eating more healthfully. I can stay within my points with a normal amount of effort. This is made much easier if I eat things that are prepared, ie frozen meals and the like. This is made much harder when I have to actually cook a meal from tip to tail and add up all of those delicious points. So a personal mini goal will be for me to cook more often and then freeze portions for leftovers instead of so heavily relying on prepacked items. Keep in mind that at no point will I stop to eat these time saving items. Plus, let's be honest often times these items taste really down right good:)

I will try to upload some photos from tonight's meal. We had meatloaf, smashed potatoes, veggies, and a chocolate zucchini muffin. We made then all and I must add that this meal will be one that I will do over and over. The meatloaf is not for someone looking to have a quick meal though. It takes nearly an hour to simmer the brown lentils and prep all the veggies that go into it. I found the recipe in the 09 Jan issue of Shape. Good work Shape!

No comments: