Monday, January 5, 2009

Success on the Scale!


Today was a Monday. My normal day off from work and my WW weigh in day. I was very happy to see the number on the scale drop 2.2 lbs. Yeah me! So today is officially the day that I have met my goal of losing 100 lb! It feels weird to type that as there was not any confetti exploding when I got on the scale or anything. I guess that only happens on the Biggest Loser. Also, I feel like it isn't "true" because the scale at home and the scale at WW are different. But, I started the journey on my home scale. Thus, it tells me that I have lost 100 pounds. That is crazy to me! I have lost the equivalent of a small person or a child.

So, now what? My next goal is not too far off. It is in like 6lbs. I am waiting to see the scale have a 1 in front of it. So there. I have outed one of my biggest fears. Just saying the weight that I started at. Yes, I suppose anyone could be reading this including people from work etc. but the truth is that I am loving the person that I am becoming. The person that I started as is not the person that I am today. When I began this process I started at roughly 305 pounds. So with this weight loss I have effectively lost 33% of my starting weight. My next big goal is to see a "1" at the beginning of my weight. Honestly, I think that if I stayed at 199 for the remainder of my life I would be happy. I don't want that to be my stopping point I just can't wait to see that number. When that happens I think that a celebration will be in order!

Today's meal rundown~ breakfast was a carb check bagel, WW cream cheese, SF jam, and apple
Lunch~leftover chicken stir fry from yesterday
Snack~ yogurt and Kashi Go lean crunchy bar ( very yummy by the way for a 3 pt value!)
Dinner~ Whole wheat pasta topped with hamburger stroganoff a recipe from Cooking Light and a veggie mix.

Overall, it was a splendid last day of vacation! I can't believe that I have to go back to work tomorrow. That will be a big change, but I am looking forward to be back on a routine. Well somewhat:) It was also nice to meet Kevin at the gym for some treadmill time after he got off of work.

No comments: