Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lazy Sunday


Today was a perfect Sunday in my opinion. Since it rained/iced yesterday we just stayed up late and watched movies all night. Thus, it led us to sleep in really late today. I think I woke up the first time at 9 then rolled over and fell back asleep. I finally pulled myself out of bed just shy of 11. It was a glorious sleep in morning. I then ate a Carb check bagel with WW cream cheese and my new SF blueberry Smucker's jam. It was fantastic. I also had a clementine and made a latte with my new espresso maker that I got for Christmas. I loved using the Breville espresso machine. It worked a lot better than I thought it would for an at home machine.

For lunch I enjoyed leftover meatloaf and smashed potatoes. It was just as good if no better than it was last night. I have to say that I will be making that meatloaf several times more this year! For an afternoon snack I had a bowl of airpopped popcorn. One of my all time favorite snacks.

The meal that I cooked today was from the Diet 2009 magazine. The sweet and sour chicken was another success. I used the base recipe from the magazine but I bought a prepacked pound of mixed vegetables from Whole Foods when we went on our grocery shopping date on Friday. It had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, snow peas, and onions. I added a little bit more onion, celery, and sweet peppers. I then also used 2Tb of sesame oil to saute the chicken in. The sauce that you make turned out pretty good. I wouldn't have called this dish sweet and sour at all, but more just like a brown sauce stir-fry. I plated the stir fry with 1/2 c of brown rice and some toasted sesame seeds. Kevin said that the meal turned out all right, but he preferred the meat loaf. He just doesn't like big chunks of veggies. Oh well, I thought that it was pretty good and went from stove top to table in less than 30 minutes. Thanks Whole Foods for the tasty veggie blend!

Tomorrow is the WW weigh in day. According to our scale this will not be a losing week. Our scale is a bit different than the one at WW. We shall see.

No comments: