Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First day back!


Today will be the first day back at work in 17 glorious days! I can't say that I am really looking forward to going back, but it is something that just has to be done. I can say though that I have really enjoyed the time off. I don't feel like I wasted it and I do feel quite rejuvenated. So I suppose that means it is time to get back at it! I work 2nd shift or 3-11:30 so getting back in the swing of things might be a challenge. I started my day off with a bowl of oatmeal as I was out of bagels. My oat mix comes from Whole Foods and is old fashioned oats, steel cut, and oat bran. When it was done I added of Tb of flaxseed, a splash of milk, splenda, cinnamon, and some SF blueberry jam on top. I also treated myself to a lovely latte. This picture does not really do it justice as Kevin has been the picture taker thus far as it is his fancy camera. None the less you get the idea.

The rest of the day is going to a be a double leftover day. For lunch I am having the sweet and sour chicken stir fry and dinner will be the hamburger stroganoff from last night. Our goal is to have one fresh cooked meal and one leftover meal per day. I think this will work since we have opposite schedules and don't get to eat together.

It is a chilly but beautiful day here. I threw all the front blinds open to soak up the sunshine. It was even nice enough outside to take Molly (our Boston terrier) for a 1/2 hour walk. All in all this is a great start to my week. Let's hope that work goes well for me!

Oh and for my afternoon snack I am going to try a Cliff bar that is pomegranate and dark chocolate. It is a 3pt bar, but really it sounds delicious. I will report back later:)

No comments: